Welcome! The Dallas Metroplex Musicians Association, an affiliate of the historic National Association of Negro Musicians, promotes the profession of music among local African American musicians, works to preserve the legacy of distinctively African American music such as the Negro Spiritual, and nurtures musical talent by awarding annual scholarships.
Please join us on the second Sunday of each month at 6:00 p.m. for our monthly meetings at Selena's, 2734 E. Ledbetter Drive, Dallas, TX 75216.
DMMA's 2014 events were: (2015 dates to be posted soon)
- Annual Scholarship Luncheon - Saturday, January 25 at Park Inn, Dallas
- Young Musicians Showcase* - Saturday, March 22 at 3:00 p.m. at South Dallas Cultural Center, 3400 South Fitzhugh, Dallas, 75210
- Regional Meeting Concert - Friday, April 4 AT 7:00 PM - St. Luke "Community" United Methodist Church, 5710 East R.L. Thornton Freeway, Dallas, 75223
- 2014 Scholarship Competition - Saturday, April 5 at 2:00 p.m. - St. Luke "Community" United Methodist Church, 5710 East R.L. Thornton Freeway, Dallas, 75223
- Kwei Kwei Festival of Negro Spirituals* - Saturday, April 26 at 3:00 p.m. - St. Luke "Community" United Methodist Church, 5710 East R.L. Thornton Freeway, Dallas, 75223
- 29th Annual Sacred Choral Music Workshop and Concert*- Cedar Crest Cathedral -June 23-26 Concert on Saturday, June 28 at 4:00 pm at East Dallas Christian Church, 629 N Peak St, Dallas Concert is free and open to the public
*These programs are supported, in part, by the City of Dallas Office of Cultural Affairs and the Texas Commission on the Arts
One of the performers at the NANM Gala Extravaganza held at Highland Park Presbyterian Church in July of 2013 was our own Dr. Artina McCain (click on the link to see and hear her):
Membership is open to all those who subscribe to the mission of the organization. Please see the Membership page for details. Come join us!